Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:06:04 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Shoto' <shoto@metropolis.cx>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to setup an FTP server over ADSL (was: how to)

Ok I'm not sure if I exactly know what you are asking but I will try and
answer you and also maybe you can clarify.  These are the 3 possible
questions I can discern from your e-mail.

#1 How do I install FTP server software on FreeBSD?
 - It comes with the os and is a part of the installation.  You can also set
it up easily using the post-install configuration in /stand/sysinstall.

#2 How do I use DHCP with FreeBSD?
 - You need to install one of the DHCP ports.  There are currently 2
implementations isc-dhcp and wide-dhcp.  Which can be found in the
/usr/ports/net directory.  Check the documentation on each port to determine
which to use.  Maybe someone else on the list can make recommendations, I
myself don't have enough experience with using the dhcp client.

#3 If I setup an FTP server with a dynamically assigned ip, how will people
know where to find me?
 - In this case you can sign up with a service that assigns static hostnames
to dynamic ip's.  Such as DyDns.net or NWS.net.

Hope this helps.
-Chris

P.S. Next time try and be more clear as to what exactly you are asking.