Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:04:22 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with natd and simple firewall

I am coming to the conclusion that the only reasonably
easy way to fix this is that the antispoofing should
be done by the program natd.

We could add another option to natd that would disallow
any outgoing packets sent to an unregistered ip address,
and disallow any incoming packets from or to an unregistered
ip address.  Call it -antispoof.

What do you guys think?  I think it would be quite an easy
job - I would be happy to do it, but if it isn't going to
be accepted, I don't want to make the effort.

Stephen

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
Department of Mathematics, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211