Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:13:02 -0000
From:      Stef Walter <stef-list@memberwebs.com>
To:        Tobias Lott <tlott@gamesnet.de>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Accessing Unix-Sockets from Jails

Tobias Lott wrote:
> Good Day
>
> Just a short Question, I've noticed that I can access any Domain Socket
> which is on the Host System within any Jail. OpenLDAP for example.
>
> jail1% ldapsearch -b dc=example,dc=com

FWIW...

slapd binds to 0.0.0.0 by default. Check 'sockstat -4' outside the jail
to get a definitive answer on where it's listening. ldapsearch connects
via TCP to localhost by default.

Unless you've gone out of your way to change the defaults, it's unlikely
that unix domain sockets are involved in this connection.

Cheers,

Stef