Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:15:49 +0800
From:      Breaker <breaker@webchat.org>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Changing permissions on a mounted partition, and query about custom kernel configuration.

Hi,

	Few questions;

	1) Is it possible to change the permission on a mounted partition so
that it can't be read? I have files on my Win98 drive that I do not want
other people with shells on the machine to get into.

	2) How would I configure my SoundBlaster AWE 64 in a custom kernel?
I've tried all of the mentioned ways in LINT, but none have worked.

	3) Where could I raise the limit of terminals that can be accessed
locally? (ie; via alt-F1, alt-F2 etc).

	4) What is the maximum fd limit in FreeBSD, and how would I go about
setting it?

	Thanks in advance,

		Trent Nelson.