Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:58:01 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        "Wayne M. Barnes" <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI ethernet card

"Wayne M. Barnes" wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD,    [ message CORRECTED in the line "device ... " ]
>
>    Can 2.2.8 handle PCI ethernet cards instead of ISA?

Certainly can... You mention your card is a 10/100 - what make is it? Do you
have any model details? - Or the name/number of the Chipset on it?

Depening on what type it is you will need to make sure firstly that it's
supported (a lot of PCI cards are), and secondly that you have a device driver
compiled in the kernel for it (we can't tell you why type of device until
we've identified the card :)

Regards,

Karl Pielorz