Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 2016 03:12:29 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        Chagin Dmitry <dchagin@freebsd.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: long network segment call stack can fail

07.01.2016 1:00, Chagin Dmitry пишет:
> Hi, all.
>
> Here's a panic that occurs during the massive network loads,
> as far as I can see network segment has eaten the whole stack, so
> only 0xeb0 bytes left for interrupt hanlder.

For stable/10, sys/amd64/include/param.h defines KSTACK_PAGES=4 as default
and GENERIC does not redefine it but NOTES gives example of increase upto 5.

You could increase kernel thread size that way or switch to
sysctl net.isr.dispatch=deferred so that input path just enqueues new frame
and returns, freeing stack. Netisr kernel thread will take care of it later.

Eugene Grosbein