Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:12:07 -0700
From:      "Jason Nordwick" <nordwick@xcf.berkeley.edu>
To:        "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>, "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: environment for programming- Context Colored

>Do salty programmers use this feature, or veiw it as "training wheels"
>for beginning programers?

I have been doing non-trivial programming for about 4 years now, but not
anywhere near expert, guru level and it is not that I like the syntax
coloring, but that it breaks up the monotony of the screen (okay, so comment
hilighting really helps when scanning a file), but I have a feeling that if
you just colored random workds on the screen random colors, I probably
wouldn't notice the difference.

>Do vi, emacs, others have similar features?

All do.

>  Kenneth J. Marsh             University of Washington
>  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering

-jay