Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 10:06:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pine freezing up with PPP

Ken, if you haven't solved the pine problem yet you might want to
queuing the outgoing mail.  If pine can do this without problems,
that identifies the connection to the university as the problem.

To queue the outgoing change the line in sendmail.cf that says 0di
to 0dq.  And/or add this to sendmail flags; I run sendmail -bd &
out of rc.local and have sendmail turned off in sysconfig.

Then in .pinerc you set smpt-server=localhost.  Also enable suspend.

You can then suspend pine and look at the mail q with mailq, and
then use sendmail -q & to send it (and go back to pine with fg).
Later you can look at the mailq and see if the mail got sent.  This
mail is spooled in /var/spool/mqueue; you need to be root to read
or alter it.

Pine also has a debugging mode that will send you messages about its
performance....I think you can turn that on in the setup.

				Annelise