Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:36:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eugene M. Kim" <gene@nttlabs.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Incompatibility report

(I hope this isn't too late; I just got back from a business trip to
Dusseldorf.)

Could you please add CD-220E (rev 1.0D) IDE CD-ROM drive into the
hardware incompatibility list?  The drive is so braindamaged to report a
capability (accelerated DMA mode) that it does not have indeed, and it
causes any process that accesses the drive to lock up.

Actually I happened to make a patch for this problem, but since it is a
little bit late to expect it to get committed...

Thank you,
Eugene

PS.
Unfortunately I could not figure the manufacturer of the drive; the
model name and revision number was obtained from the bootup diagnostic
message.  It is installed in my Fujitsu Lifebook 675Tx notebook.