Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:27:57 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John <papalia@udel.edu>
Cc:        jim@luna.osd.bsdi.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't get CVS to work right

--l/3WCmqZNZ+BnHMk

John wrote:

> merlin# cat /cvs/CVSup
> *default umask=3D077
> *default release=3Dcvs
> *default host=3Dcvsup4.freebsd.org
> *default tag=3DRELENG_4
> *default base=3D/usr/local/etc/cvsup
> *default prefix=3D/cvs
> *default delete
> *default use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-all
> doc-all
> cvs-all
> cvs-crypto
> www

That's just wrong.  If you want the CVS repository itself, you shouldn't
use any tag=3D line at all.  The CVS repository itself is much bigger
than the checked out versions, which is what you're getting, and is a
completely different format, so you should put it in a different place
and point CVSROOT at the directory you choose for prefix.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think cvs-all includes everything within
src-all, doc-all and www anyway (as well as some other stuff).

> Side note - "cvs-crypto" comes up with "Unknown collection", which is odd?

Not really.  It's been deleted recently.

--=20
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /

--l/3WCmqZNZ+BnHMk