Date:      26 Oct 2000 01:48:31 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Pat Wendorf <beholder@unios.dhs.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linksys EtherFast 10/100 in 4-stable?

 * From: Pat Wendorf <beholder@unios.dhs.org>

 * I also have this card and yhis is the same thing that happened to me
 * when I switched from a 10mbps Hub to a 100mbps hub for my network.  It
 * seemed to work with everthing but NFS.  Considering the card, even in
 * 100 mode, can't seem to do more than 1M/s I just stuck it back on the
 * 10mbps hub, and regained the ability to use NFS.

Well, I only have one hub and that's a 100mbps hub.  (10/100 hubs were
too expensive back then).  So I have to use it on this one.

Anyway, thanks to Mike Smith's suggestions I got it to work again.
The magic words were "rsize=1k,wsize=1k".  I added them to the mount
options list of my /etc/amd.map file.

NFS is doggone slow now though.  (It took me 7 hours to compile emacs
last night....)  I can't say I'm very happy with the 3-stable to
4-stable upgrade. ;)

Satoshi