Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:13:25 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@casidy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which one to choose between devel/gettext and devel/gettext-devel

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 10:50:20AM +0200, Philippe CASIDY wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am quite annoyed because when I want to update bonobo from 1.0.7 to
> 1.0.8, i need to use devel/gettext-devel.
>
> As devel/gettext and devel/gettext-devel have the same PORTNAME, i
> deinstalled gettext-0.10.35 (from devel/gettext) to install
> gettext-0.10.38 (from devel/gettext-devel) required by bonobo-1.0.8.
>
> But the problem is that gettext-0.10.38 doest not install libintl.so.1
> installed by gettext-0.10.35.
>
> Do I have to install gettext-0.10.38 without removing gettext-0.10.35?

Interesting.  libintl.so.1 definitely is listed in gettext-devel's
pkg-plist.  The bento package building cluster also does not report
and problems in building, installing and deinstalling gettext-devel.

Can you post the full output of 'make clean all install', run from
the ports/devel/gettext-devel/ directory?  It might be too long
to post, you might put it on a website or something; or post
a compressed log or something.

G'luck,
Peter

--
If the meanings of 'true' and 'false' were switched, then this sentence wouldn't be false.