Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:21:56 +0000
From:      Nuno Teixeira <nunotex@pt-quorum.com>
To:        Jochem Kossen <j.kossen@home.nl>
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MFC of ATA driver from -current finished, please test..

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 05:57:24PM +0100, Jochem Kossen wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 09:44:58AM +0100, S?ren Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > Well, subject says it all, the ATA driver in -stable is now functionally
> > identical to that in -current.
> > Please let me know asap if you encounter any (new) problems with the
> > ATA driver after this commit.
> >
> > Thanks goes to all that have helped testing this over the last weeks,
> > and especially to Advanis for sponsoring this important work.
> >

> Here are my results for burncd...
>
> The -d (DAO) option caused each track to begin while the time of the
> previous track hadn't even finished. So, for example, when you start
> playing track 3, it misses the beginning, which is at the end of track
> 2...
>
> The -n option didn't make any difference.
>
> Without the -d option, it burns the tracks right, but at the end of each
> track, a loud "tick" is heard at the *END* of each track (no, this isn't
> the WAV header at the beginning of the track, i use headerless WAV (raw
> WAV) files, and the tick is much louder than that). It did this too
> before the ATA MFC, so it's an old problem.  I've never reported it
> before though.
>
> This all happens with burning headerless WAV (raw wav) files, at 4
> speed. The burner can't burn at a lower speed.
>
> When using the ATAPICAM patches and cdrecord instead of burncd, the
> burner burns correctly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jochem

    Hi,

    I had a similar problem when I test the second patch.

    I post my problem on Mars, 11 (Subject: Re: Request for testers of
    MFC'd ATA driver take 2.) from nunotex@pt-quorum.com on freebsd-stable list.

    Bye,

--
Nuno Teixeira
pt-quorum.com

/*
PGP Public Key:
http://www.pt-quorum.com/pgp/nunoteixeira.asc
Fingerprint:
AF91 4AC0 85CB 272A 5441  E02F 5D84 ED9D 34D5 9145
*/