Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 01:01:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thomas Villarubia <t_vil@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! Need installation assistance

Hello;

I am attempting to install FreeBSD 4.4 on a brand new
hard drive.  However, after several attempted installs
I am unable to succed in this effort.  I am new to
Unix and the reason that I chose free BSD is because
of the alleged ease of install.

The install fails when attempting to transfer files
from the CDROM to my hard drive. I receive the
following messages.

"unable to transfer (bin,doc,man) from acd0c"

and

"Write failure on transfer"

Im sure there is a fix for this but due to my limited
experience with Unix I cant seem to figure it out.
Can you help me with this problem.  I am really
excited about getting the OS up and running so I can
further my pursuit on learning Unix.

Thomas Villarubia