Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 22:21:52 -0300
From:      Gustavo V G C Rios <grios@ddsecurity.com.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   too much information

Hy folks!

Today i decide to cvsup RELENG_3, thing were ok, thanks! But there is
one thing i could not understand.
I was running 3.2Stable, after a successful RELENG_3 cvsuped, my system
uname changed to:

FreeBSD myname.my.domain 3.3-RC FreeBSD 3.3-RC #15: Tue Sep  7 17:46:52
EST 1999     root@myname.my.domain:/usr/src/sys/compile/ETOSHA  i386

Nothing wrong, of course, but what's is 3.3-RC ? What does it stand for
?
The problem i would like to make you know, is that i knows nothing about
3.3RC, and probably many other thing i have no ideia to look for!

You could suggest me:
Sign up for freebsd-questions, stable, security, cvs, .........

Ok, that's a choice, but nothing practice.

FreeBSD quentions, delivers me about 100 mails, i have already signed up
bugtraq, bos-br, only these 3 mailing list put about 200 messages in my
mailbox.

I have no ideia about how many messgaes could i get if i were subscribed
to 50% off all freebsd ones i would like to sign up for.

Sometimes i ask if i am the only one whom get such a problem, don't you
suffer from the same stuff ?

Isn't there any site that compiles the FreeBSD information in just ONE
place ?
If there is any, please, point me where to got.

Another problem:
How could i subscribe to security-notifications?

I get a "Confirmation to FreeBSD-security-notifications" to EVERY
confirmation i send.
In other words, i cannot subscribe to it, cause, i have to send ad
infinitum confirmatio requests to it.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot for your time and cooperation.
Best Regards,
	Gustavo Rios.