Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 1995 19:50:54 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot.flp for 1104 snap broken

> The installation on this snap appears broken, here are the details:
>
> 1) Booting from the floppy and into the menu-driven installation, I tried
>    to create a FreeBSD 'partition' which appeared to work Ok.
>
> 2) Trying to create partitions and label same I can create some partitions
>    (even using the autodefaults choice) but then it blows-up, complaining
>    first that its unable to write to the swap partition

You used `(W)rite' from the label screen, didn't you?

This has been proven, for reasons I'm still unable to fathom, not to
work for systems that are not yet installed.  I have therefore put
LARGE warning letters telling people to not use it for anything but
tweaking an existing system.  You'll see this in 2.1.

Don't use Write.  Do your commit step in one go.

					Jordan