Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:28:20 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        "Wayne M. Barnes" <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI ethernet card

"Wayne M. Barnes" wrote:

> Dear Karl,
>
>    Thank you for being available so fast.
>
>     I think my card is Realtek 8139.
>     With a DOS setup program the card is set to I/O Base E800H and
> Interrupt 11.

After checking, the RealTek 8139 is only apparently supported in 3.0 onwards,
in which it appears as a 'rl' device...

You will need 3.0-RELEASE to get this card to work, it looks like the 'rl'
driver is in the standard Kernel that comes with 3.0-RELEASE (as are all the
PCI network drivers available by the look of it) so it should work OK from
boot...

Regards,

Karl