Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 02:27:35 -0700
From:      <marc@freeamp.org>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port riva-glx

Over the weekend I was busy turning Jordan Hubbard's article
on applying nvidia's 3d hardware acceleration XFree86/Mesa driver for
RIVA based cards into a FreeBSD port.

It has not been fully tested but it is in a sufficient state now that
I would appreciate comments to help me sort out the remaining issues.

You can download my stuff from

    http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-vanwoma/riva-glx

Please dare to use it only if you can live a day or two without
working X if things go wrong!

Note that I provide a patch to Mesa3/Makefile to make this port
not build XFree86 in case of a 'make patch' target (it should
just extract and apply FreeBSD patches).

Also note that this port applies to both RIVA 128/128ZX and RIVA TNT/TNT2/..
based cards.

Regards,
Marc