Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 07:34:51 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: world death in gperf, and much do you want to bet it won't reproduce?

Snob Art Genre wrote:
> Is this some sort of ELF fallout?  I'm still running an a.out system.
> Latest source, softupdates, make -j12 world, MFS /tmp, BT-948
> controller, uniprocessor, *is there anything else I should be reporting
> here*?

I'm having difficulty keeping up with the number of your postings like this
one. I would prefer that you only post this sort of thing after confirming
that the problem repeats on _your_ system. Unless you do that, I bet most
people will just ignore your posts.

In your case, I think you should avoid continually re-supping and building
because you'll have a moving target that way. Please stabilize your
sources, ensure you have a clean source tree, no custom build options,
and try to build. If the build fails, take the time to repeat the
same process. If and when it fails again (assuming it fails in the same
way), please spend some time trying to find out what the problem is on
_your_ system before posting here.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137