Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:48:14 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mill@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ImageMagick modules (Re: ImageMagick - portupgrade failure -amd64 openexr issues)

=D0=CF=CE=C5=C4=A6=CC=CF=CB 15 =D6=CF=D7=D4=C5=CE=D8 2007 10:39 =C4=CF, Dav=
id Southwell =F7=C9 =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC=C9:
> 1. Any idea how long Module support will remain broken?

This is a difficult question to answer, because it depends on the exact=20
configurations -- some modules are just fine, but some others mess things u=
p,=20
when ImageMagick unloads them (via dlclose())...

Jasper was a bad offender in the past, but I patched it a few weeks ago.=20
There, probably, remain other evil-doers :(

That said, you do not need module support -- there is no gain from them.=20
Adding a third-party module (if any exists at all) remains possible even if=
=20
ImageMagick's own modules are all linked in.

> ** Makefile possibly broken: graphics/ImageMagick:
> =9A =9A =9A =9A "Makefile", line 105: warning: OpenEXR's libIlmThread may=
 prevent
> PerlMagick from working
> =9A =9A =9A =9A "Makefile", line 108: warning: DjVu requires threads and =
will not
> be supported
> =9A =9A =9A =9A ImageMagick-6.3.5.10_1

If you rebuilt the OpenEXR recently (be sure to read /usr/ports/UPDATING fo=
r=20
details), you can ignore the OpenEXR warning. For DjVu it is, probably, bes=
t=20
to just disable it -- it requires threads, which often make PerlMagick=20
unusable, because perl is not threaded by default on FreeBSD.

Unless you know, you need DjVu support for something, PerlMagick is, probab=
ly,=20
more important to you than DjVu...

> As you can see I have two depencies not upgrading due to ImageMagick

The warnings aren't supposed to trigger portupgrade's failure, but I rarely=
=20
use the tool. There, likely, exists an option to cause it to try building t=
he=20
port regardless...

Yours,

 -mi