Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:19:58 -0500
From:      "Paul Faber" <Paul.Faber@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Questions on boot from floppy or CD -- Intel Architecture

Hello,

My system configuration:

Drive C:  Windows ME.  No boot manager installed.
Drive D:  Linux Mandrake, which boots from floppy.  Also includes a FAT32
partition for Windows.
Drive E:  A spare drive waiting for me to install FreeBSD.

The documentation I have read assumes I'm going to install BootEasy or some
other boot manager.  I'd like to leave Drive C entirely unmodified, and use
a boot floppy that would load FreeBSD from Drive E (this is my current
method of booting & running Linux on Drive D).

Is there a FAQ or other document that I can reference?

TIA,

- Paul