Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 11:47:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Tony Jones <tony@rtd.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel EtherExpress-16

In article <ECS9607121649A@NetworX.ie> you wrote:
: Am I right in assuming the Intel EtherExpress 16 is supported
: by the ie driver?  Does it work well?  The manpage doesn't
: mention this card and the Handbook has no mentions at all.

Yep, supported by Rod Grimes' ix driver.

I had real problems with this card in a 486. Card lock ups (had to down the
interface), lots of other console messages.

Some messages (which Rod said) indicated a failure of the card to keep up with
traffic rates. Rod said that he knocked the driver together real fast,
so he wasn't too sure of it. Also said he was never able to get the driver
working to the level of reliability that the Windoze drivers had.

Also have several collegues who have had similar problems using this card
under Linux.

Tony