Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 17:53:51 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        Carlos Amengual <amengual@sadeya.cesca.es>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: swapper

On Sat, 15 Jun 1996, Carlos Amengual wrote:

>> What side-effects ? It just flushes the swapper.
>But which benefit does one get from doing this ?

On certain occasions, the swapper doesn't seem to "release" or flush
when I exit apps, i.e. I can load a lot of stuff and the swap increases
(understanably), and then when I exit those apps, it doesn't flush.

On a release machine, I used to be able to manually flush and it would be
lower (consistently).

Regards,
Khetan Gajjar.

---