Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:25:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marko <marko@websorcery.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Troubles with cdrom installation

Hi.  I am trying to install FreeBSD on a computer and the FreeBSD boot
disk crashes if i have my cdrom (NEC atapi) plugged in.  The disk
boots fine if i remove the cdrom.

Here is the message i get:

panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: f1bc5000
syncing disks... done
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds

I have also tried to install over ethernet using the FTP option
but after it downloaded everything it just went back to the installation
menu at which point i rebooted and it couldn't find the kernel.

I am really having major difficulties trying to get this installed, please
advise.

Thanks,
Marko Vidberg
marko@websorcery.com