Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:41:14 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        "Tzouris,M" <M.Tzouris@lse.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MSc student, needs help from OS contributor!

"Tzouris,M" wrote:
> I have uploaded an online questionnaire (http://www.lse-students.ac.uk/tzouris/oss/questionnaire.htm
> ) on the School's site, and I am searching for Open Source contributors that might be interested in answering it. The questionnaire is designed in a way that It won't require more than 10 minutes to be answered.
>
> If you are a contributor, you are kindly requested to spend 10 minutes on filling in this questionnaire http://www.lse-students.ac.uk/tzouris/oss/questionnaire.htm
> . My MPhil/PhD which is commencing in the upcoming October, will be based on my current research. So as you can understand your help is really important to me.

Some of your questions are badly formed.  Question #9 is the most
aggregious of these, in that it assumes two reasons for participation,
and forces the answerer to place themselves into one of the two
available categories.  Several other questions also contain false
dichotomies and assumptions, and therefore have no correct answer
(e.g. section B, the 5-6/7-8 split and 11's mistaken assumption of
motivation).

I realize that the intent of an economics student is to define things
in terms of compensation for effort, but assuming a direct reward is
a bit naieve (e.g. "a reward is to gt you to do something you would
not otherwise do, except for the reward" -- George Carlin).

-- Terry