Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:05:14 -0800
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Gerd Knops <gerti-freebsdq@bitart.com>
Subject:   USB and "camcontrol" update

Hello Gerd and Family,

	I have followed the instructions for having my USB HP Digital camera
recognized by FreeBSD 4.1 and the commands I used were:

(A) mkdir /camera

(B) camcontrol rescan 0  /*which reported success */

(C) mount_msdos /dev/da0s1 /camera

And the error that I received from the last command is:

mount_msdos: /dev/da0s1: Device not configured.

The FreeBSD-4.1 detects and identifies the camera each and every time I
turn it on. It detected and identified it 4 seperate times trying each
port on the hub. Again 4 seperate times with the hub plugged into the
second USB port on the back of the machine. And it was identified
plugging the camera directly into the USB port(s) on the back of the
machine. I did that thinking that maybe the 4 port USB hub might be
causing some issues.

I'd like to thank anyone in advance for any tips here.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076

"UNIX, A Way of Life !!!"