Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Thille <thille@employees.org>
To:        alanna@plato.virgil.net
Cc:        support@FreeBSD.ORG, support@cdrom.com, help@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing

 > is there any way to install FreeBSD via ftp over an ethernet
 > connection because I called Walnut Creek and they told me the only
 > way to do it was through a modem.....
 >
 > thanks.....

Absolutely.  As you go through the installation program it should
offer you the choice of using the ethernet interface on your PC (as
long as the kernel has a driver for it and you didn't disable it when
you were resolving conflicts).

It will then ask you for configuration information for the interface
and go get the distribution.  Works great.

Keep grinning!

-Nick