Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 09:34:10 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        mag@ipc.ru
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: domain name with 2 ip address

> host with  named HOST.DOMAIN
> has 2 ip address. x.x.x.x andt y.y.y.y
> My DNS server for DNS request from net A.A.A.A/N
> return x.x.x.x addres and to the request
> fron network B.B.B.B/M return y.y.y.y?

Not quite a 'canned answer' but maybe this will be enough to
set you on the right track.

As long as y.y.y.y is in the same subnet as B.B.B.B this is
normal behaviour for bind when it sorts the addresses before
sending them to the client, just set two A records in the
zone files. If you want anything more flexible than this,
I think you will have to run two copies of bind on different
IP addresses or maybe ports (bind 8 will let you choose an
ip address to, ermm, bind to :) and either use different zone
files or change the sortorder in named.conf so that one DNS
server returns one address first and the second returns the
other address first. Then you need to use some method to get
requests directed to the right copy of bind. I think this is
quite possible using ipfw and maybe natd (if you can get bind
running on different ports then ipfw+transparent proxying
"fwd" support might be another way of going).

hope this helps!

cheers,
Stuart