Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:13:43 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Ladislav Kostal <kostal@pefstud.uniag.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: software for grabbing

Ladislav Kostal:
 |I just got camera connected through capture card with bt848 chip working
 |and now need to periodically save images from the cam to to server (will
 |be served in html pages). E.g.: every 5. second save image from camera on
 |certain place. Which software could I use? Is is possible with FXTV?

No, Fxtv is a GUI app.  For batch capture, you need another tool.  There
are a number of frame grabbing utils out there.  Roger's is the one I
recall most recently:

http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/bt848/
ftp://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/pub/bt848/examples/grab.c
ftp://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/pub/bt848/examples/webcam/

Randall