Date:      Thu, 04 May 2006 11:20:13 +0100
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        pav@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: acpi_thermal on nforce 4 board

Pav Lucistnik wrote:

>Kevin Oberman p=ED=B9e v st 03. 05. 2006 v 11:05 -0700:
>
> =20
>
>>Now, why does my mbmon work out of the box and you need a small patch?
>>   =20
>>

>I guess because they used some fancy new variation of the chip.
>
>And now we're really off topic :)
>
> =20

One more small suggestion.  Should you send your patch to the creators=20
of mbmon?  Or to the port maintainer?  Or perhaps file a PR?  I'm never=20
sure of the right way to do this, but if you have a new chip revision=20
you can bet others will too.  (For all know, my MB with a winbond chip=20
that won't run mbmon has the new revision :-))

Best,

--Alex