Date:      14 Jun 1999 09:21:20 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bde?

<dpilgrim@uswest.net> writes:
> My apologies if this is an old/stupid question, but how it is
> possible that he can be part of core without having met any of the
> other members?

His competence and reputation speak for themselves. He was a prominent
member of the Minix community before he joined FreeBSD, and, judging
from comments from Linus Torvalds, was influential in the design of
Linux back in 1991.

As others have said before me, Bruce was doing Unix back when some of
us were still wearing diapers.

>                 Has anyone at least spoken voice with him?

It is my understanding that he is deaf.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no