Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 19:53:44 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, se@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: wine-99.11.14

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 01:47:08AM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Without having looked at these specific patches, I'm afraid that you might
> have taken the more bumpy road here.

I'm afriad of that too.. ;-(

> Unless someone better suited for the job (which probably boils down to
> almost *everyone* else ;-) ) steps up, why not?

Not if you USE Wine often and can do some coding, which you appear to be able
to do based on the fact you have apparently submitted patches to the wine
people and they have accepted them in their main repository.

> Though I'd be just as happy to submit PRs with concrete changes and try to
> make the Wine port as small as possible and to submit changes back to the
> Wine folks without becoming official maintainer.

Sometimes it's just better for people to contact you for help.. there's no
easier way for somebody just getting started with wine on FreeBSD to find
out the guy who's been watching its status on FreeBSD the most.

Besides, I think Stefan needs a break; he's done plenty for the ports team
in the last three years.

Submit your update and I will take care of it.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>