Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:35:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      barry <barry@net.bluemoon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem building apache 1.3.0

I recently installed freebsd 2.2.7 on my pentium II system and that seemed
to go okay, afterwards I was able to build the netscape port without any
problems.  I wanted to setup the machine as a web server for my home
network, so I wanted to put apache on it.  Looked like there were two
versions of apache on there 1.2.6 and 1.3.0.  I went to build the later
version, so went to the appropriate port directory and tried to make, that
went for a few and come back with a error about Configuration.apaci being
older than Configuration.tmpl.  The file looked okay, so just touched it
and ran Configure again and that seemed to run okay, so went make to the
master makefile and tried to make again, this time it seemed to run
through completely and ended with a message that it was successfully
installed and to check the .conf file in the /usr/local/etc/apache
directory and then to just call 'apachectl start'.  First when I did that
it came back with a error that it couldn't find httpd.conf in the
/usr/local/apache/conf directory.  Sure enough the apache/conf directory
didn't exist, so I created it and copied the .conf files there.  Trying
to start it up again, it then complained about not knowing what
LoadModule was.  I reran the make a few times, with same results.  I did
notice that it looks like no .so's were created.  I've been to
www.freebsd.org and www.apache.com for more information, but can't find
more information on installing apache.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated

barry