Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 21:15:37 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        andrew@pubnix.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't get 2.1-STABLE to link!

>HELP
>
>I can't get 2.1-STABLE to link.  Everything compiles okay, but I get to
>the linking phase and get the following message:
>ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_ahcdriver' referenced from data segment
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop.

If you are running -stable, you should be subscribed to the freebsd-stable
mailing list (which is also where this message should have been sent).
There was a post to that list a few days ago regarding a change in the
kernel config file format for the ahc driver.  The change is also documented
in the LINT and GENERIC kernel config files.

Your config file should look like this:

controller	eisa0
controller	ahc0

followed by the standard scbus, sd, cd, etc entries.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations