Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:22:08 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   My effective PR efforts in action

At 10:50 PM 4/14/99 -0400, W Gerald Hicks wrote:

>Brett, just cool it a bit, eh?   I believe the radical fringe might have its
>role but you've bent way beyond that to outright meanness.

I think that Jordan, and some others on this list, have in fact been the
ones who have descended into meanness. He, and one or two other vitriolic
posters, essentially told me that my efforts at advocacy were unwelcome,
while Jordan at the same time was undermining FreeBSD as mentioned in
an earlier message.

They also failed to recognize the success of the efforts I DID make at
advocacy. Besides starting one user group and morphing a Linux users' group
into a UNIX users' group that included FreeBSD, I also provided the
information which resulted in the following VERY POSITIVE article:

http://www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/column/0,4712,398025,00.html

--Brett Glass

"For every action there is an equal and opposite government program."

--Bob Wells