Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:22:08 -0400
From:      Allen Kenner <germaniak@outlook.com>
To:        FreeBSD Advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Spreading the word

> Date: Mon=2C 10 Sep 2012 07:08:30 +0100
> From: matthew@FreeBSD.org
> To: germaniak@outlook.com
> CC: freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: Spreading the word
>
> On 09/09/2012 22:09=2C Allen Kenner wrote:
> > Is anyone here aware of any work being done to make it so that
> > Updating=2C Patching=2C and so on=2C on FreeBSD=2C becomes as easy as i=
t is
> > on PC-BSD? Personally I'm VERY biased towards FreeBSD=2C and I'd switch
> > to it completely and no longer even bother much with Linux if I could
> > just get it to where I could do security fixes on Ports without
> > having to go through such a long process.
>
> There is this rather shiny little project:
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/pkgng
>
> I'd call it quietly revolutionary=2C except that it hasn't been
> particularly quiet. There's been plenty of discussion in freebsd-ports@
> and freebsd-current@ as well as what's linked to from that Wiki page.

Hello!

Thanks so much for the reply=2C I appreciate it. I actually started reading=
 about this just a little bit yesterday. I'd never even heard of this thing=
 before=2C and yesterday=2C it was getting kind of late=2C and I came acros=
s that and saved the link I was reading so I could pick up where I left off=
 again today=2C but I didn't have the Wiki link=2C so thanks much for that.

>From what I've read=2C it seems to be what I'm looking for=2C and I appreci=
ate it very much! 		 	   		  =