Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:28:02 +-200
From:      Pekka Samuli Laine <pekkasamuli@koti.soon.fi>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Strange messages during boot process

System: FreeBSD 4.4 release

Hi!

During boot process I see these lines on the screen:

config> di pcic0
No such device: pcic0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di sn0
No such device: sn0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di lnc0
No such device: lnc0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di ie0
No such device: ie0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di fe0
No such device: fe0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di cs0
No such device: cs0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di bt0
No such device: bt0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di aic0
No such device: aic0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di aha0
No such device: aha0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di adv0
No such device: adv0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> q

I guess they have something to do with the fact that
I disabled some things (for instance some network
cards & SCSI devices) in my custom kernel.

These commands seem to come directly from /boot/kernel.conf.
I have not edited that file myself.

Is it safe just to remove these 'di'-commands from kernel.conf?
Or should I leave them there? Why are they there in the first
place because those commands seem not to work?

Regards,
PSL