Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:12:39 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "Ilya V. Serov" <serov@telecom.lek.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Question abt NATD

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:24:36PM +0300, Ilya V. Serov wrote:
>=20
> 	How do You do, guies.
>=20
>    Sorry in advance, if somebody will consider my question stupid.
>=20
>    I have a FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE box with natd configured to perfom ip
> maquarading. It is extreemly necessary to be able to view the NAT
> translation table. For I guess this info is stored somewhere to let
> the kernel know how to translate addresses, so I think it is possible to
> read this info from there. Have anyone done this "manulay", or maybe a
> standart routine is present to help to do this? I have studied many
> documentation sources, but found no hint on the topic.
>    Can anyone help me?

As Tariq Rashid already explained, natd does not store the information
inside the kernel.  Several of my machines use NAT via ppp(8)'s built-in
interface to libalias (which is functionally pretty much the same
as natd(8)), and several months ago I wrote up a quick hack to libalias
and ppp(8) to display the list of currently masqueraded connections.
However, it turned out to be not all that useful, since there were some
issues with timing out connections, so I kind of let it rot.

If there is enough interest, I could resurrect it and post it for review
and suggestions for improvement.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20