Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:47:26 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Sten Daniel Soersdal <netslists@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: (postfix) SPAM filter?

On Wednesday 12 December 2007, Sten Daniel Soersdal said:
> We have a need for a relatively painless anti-spam solution that
> would reduce the amount of incoming spam (via postfix mail router).
> The problem is that i have little knowledge on what this actually
> means. Googling reveals a whole "universe" of interesting ways but
> what should i pursue?
> The things that are important to me is:
>
> * Once it is setup then it would require no additional maintenance.
> * Potential spam messages are marked with a special header that can
> be filtered on user discretion on their local mail client software.
>
> Neither performance, scalability, license nor cost is of much
> importance to me at this point.
>
> Any hints?

SpamAssassin (in the ports tree). It's relatively easy to set up and
can be used server wide or on an individual basis. Individuals can
also override site-wide settings. Links to setting up with postfix
can be found on the postfix site.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html