Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:31:13 -0500
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        Julien Pham <jpham@mis.mc>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ADSL and PPPoE/PPTP

Julien Pham wrote:

> I have an ADSL modem Alcatel Home touch which is connected to my computer
> with an ethernet card (not USB then). My ISP accept both PPPoE and PPTP but
> have said that with this modem I can only use PPPoE.
> What do you think of it, and if it is true, where can I find info on how to
> configure a PPTP connection under FreeBSD ? Because I have seen only for
> PPPoE... I have found something to configure a PPTP under linux, but do u
> think it will work under FreeBSD ?

The first place to always look is in the man page, "man 8 ppp", there
are examples there.  Secondly you could try the handbook,
/usr/share/doc/handbook or http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook (specifically
http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/pppoe.html).  Lastly there is a good
article on DaemonNews, http://www.daemonnews.org/200101/pppoe.html

Jim