Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:50:43 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Jukka Simila <juksi@iname.com>
To:        mlduke <mlduke@concentric.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: StarOffice difficulties with msdos partition

On 25-Apr-00 mlduke wrote:
>> Hi:
>> Dual boot setup with Windows98 and FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE, KDE and StarOffice
>> 5.1a.
>
> Recommendation. Scrap StarOffice and get Corel WP. There is a free version
> at corel.com, $50 for a registered version. Make _sure_ to run setup in
> X. You'll need the Linux libraries. BTW: From what I've heard coming
> down the pike, I'm sticking with 3.2

That would be a workaround, but wouldn't solve the problem:
I installed RealPlayer 7 for RedHate yesterday and it has the same problem,
if I try to Open File, and go to /win98/ (symlink to /usr/win98/) it will in
fact show me only directory WIN98 there, no other directories.
(Btw, could this be because I installed it from rpm?)

This is no problem to me, since I don't need to access realplayer files between
the two OS, I have RealPlayer on win98 too, but it isn't really making me happy
either.

And you don't need to pay $50 for the Corel WP if it is for personal use. It is
free for that, but you'll need to register it anyway.
For commercial use it isn't free. (AFAIK)

Jukka Simila