Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:25:56 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        pwd8jmr22w@me.point.ne.jp
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need Guidance in my Internet Connection Sharing configuration

Srot BULL wrote:
> Thank you for the immediate response

No problem, you are welcome.

[ ... ]
> Well, does this mean that I will not be able to share my internet
> connection at home?...not a big problem though but it hurts!...I can
> still just remove and insert the LAN cable to which PC I want to use and
> get connected immediately...I only wanted to learn how to configure how
> to share internet connection in LAN...and of course brag to my
> girlfriend that my FreeBSD is simple and powerful than her MS
> $...Hehehe...
> Maybe I should be consulting my ISP for this one?  Pay some bucks for
> internet connection sharing?

Your aDSL modem may cache the MAC address of the connected computer.  You
might be able to reset it by power-cycling it after connecting it to a
different system, or your ISP may have hard-coded the MAC into it to
discourage people from doing what you are doing.

[ You may be able to work around such by using a broadband router which lets
you configure the MAC address used for the WAN port to be the MAC of the
system which works. ]

> By the way, is my system clock wrong or yours?

Your clock seems to be off.

--
-Chuck