Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 1995 20:40:50 -0800
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@geli.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   That G&*()m process limit

Ok.  I'm addicted.  I'm facing up to my addiction, I think I'm through
denial, but... why oh why, is the default RLIMIT_NPROC set so low???

I'm working on two years here, neveh' had to (re)set this.

With my current 2-CPU setup, fvwm and exmh get launched off a single
server, and apparently consume more than 100 child_proc PIDs apiece...

Jordan sets his to 400, maybe the default should be higher than 40?

Regards,
Russell