Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:00:28 +0000
From:      Rick Nekus <solarux@hotmail.com>
To:        Joe <js.lists@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Using ZFS on FreeBSD 7.0

ZFS is but one of many things Sun has given the world over the years, need =
I mention NFS,....?
ZFS is fairly new all around, and Apple is now attempting to use it in OSX-=
Leopard.
zfs will work best on Sun/Sparc/Solaris right now, but whose to say now tha=
t they(Sun Microsystems) have pretty well relesed 'da source, it will only =
get better depending on Developer input from the xBSD"S, and Linux distro's=
-but ya ZFS is the file system defacto(128-bit wide capable FS, and therefo=
re infinite) that will replace all other FS's -ya all others!!!
just like nfs,..., zfs will be the one all OS's should incorporate except o=
f course M$, cause they're balless, godless Addholes, who hate being outdon=
e and outgunned as usual.
 it is different, but just remeber, Sun/Solaris is historically based on BS=
D/Unix -the "real" UNIX of course so you're not far from the truth.
"make install RealBSD"
> From: js.lists@gmail.com> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> Date: Wed, 2=
7 Feb 2008 12:37:49 -0800> Subject: Using ZFS on FreeBSD 7.0> > I'm current=
ly running Solaris 10 Update 4 on x86 hardware at home.> > I'm excited that=
 ZFS is coming in FreeBSD 7.0.> > I've found that I don't really like Solar=
is that much (no ports!). I > find it so different from other OS's and I do=
n't want to learn another > OS just to have a decent fileserver.> > So I'm =
looking forward to migrating to FreeBSD 7.0 from Solaris 10 > Update 4.> > =
Since ZFS was ported from Solaris, at version of Solaris 10 or > OpenSolari=
s Nevada is FreeBSD 7.0 support similar to?> > In other words, will a lose =
some features, fixes, and enhancements in > ZFS on FreeBSD 7.0 or will I ga=