Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:49:21 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.4 and Linksys ethernet card

Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo@eircom.net> probably said:
>         I have to be curious as to the shortcomings - it works fine for me.
> Granted that PAO supports more cards, but then I don't have any of them :)

There are occasions when I need to use a card I didn't expect to, so
the extra card supprt is useful for me.

Generally I find that the functionality is improved, although much
of that has made it into 3.* more recently.   Things like how the DHCP
pcmcia interfaces are handled ...

The non-PAO install also doesn't work on some laptops.

> PAO also does not support combo cards (or has that happened recently).

Theres only support for combo cards as one of their functions, as yet.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu