Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:50:06 +0100
From:      "Marco van de Voort" <marcov@stack.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp problem.

> Did you try swapping cables around to see if that helps?

Yes, and I switched the t-connectors and terminator too.

> Did you look at netstat -i -n and see if packets are being lost?

All error and collision columns are zero. Both while ping'ing and ftp'ing.

The problem seems to be the non-bsd machine.
At least I don't see packages coming back after a while, while BSD keeps
sending. (the behaviour was the same for the other machine under both linux
and windows) I also see no errors, with my limited knowledge in this field.

> start a ping and watch netstat -i -n 1 and see if you see errors.
> Run tcpdump and see if two is receiving packets.

After a while, no.

Marco van de Voort (MarcoV@Stack.nl)
<http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/xtdlib.htm>;