Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:18:02 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Greg Brooks <gbrooks@janemobley.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.5-release -- how often do ISOs change?

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 11:11:54AM -0500, Greg Brooks wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have a FreeBSD 4.5-release ISO that I downloaded about three months
> ago. I burned it to CD and used it to set up some boxes with no
> problems. Now, a couple of months down the road, I can use it to set up
> a new box, but the initial cvsup and portupgrade processes can be a bit
> hairy.
>
> My question: If I download the 4.5 ISO now, will it have a more
> up-to-date ports tree, or are the ISOs updated only rarely? Is there a
> particular FTP site that's changing out the 4.5-release ISO more often
> than others?

The -RELEASE ISOs are normally never updated.  If it says 4.5-RELEASE
it is indeed exactly that release and not something later.

If you want fresher ISOs you will have to wait until 4.6 is released or
see if you can find someplace having snapshots of 4-STABLE as ISOs.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson