Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 06:37:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        hasty@star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ADSP-21xx compiler for FreeBSD (was LOW COST DSP DEVELOPMENT TOOLS)

(Amancio forwards some TI DSP tool info, encouraging me to ask this):

Has anyone seen the gcc compiler for the Analog Devices ADSP 2181
available in a form for FreeBSD, i.e., either the source or a port?
I can't find it using the any search engines.

I will eventually have to purchase the full development kit from
Analog (it has the libraries and so on), however, in the mean time
I'm curious to look at the compiler output.  I'm not going to spend
the $450.00 for the tool chain until it is actually important.

(Just to head off any discussion of this point: Yes, Analog does
provide the source to their customers in accordance with the GPL).

--
Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936