Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 20:23:45 -0700
From:      "Steve Holmlund" <sholmlund@coastside.net>
To:        <vanilla@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mod_perl-1.26

Hi,

I'm sorry to bother you with this question. I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 and
Apache 2 on my home server (nothing mission critical) but am not finding ANY
information on how to install Apache modules such as mod_perl.

I'm somewhat of a Unix novice so I rely on the excellent mechanisms provided
by the ports collection where you simply need to download the latest and
Make, Make Install.

Surpringly (to me, at least) apache.org says virtually nothing about what to
me seems to be the first FAQ: how do mod_perl, mod_php etc. work with Apache
2?

If you can just point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I'm
guessing the ports for these modules just need to be updated.

Many thanks. I very much enjoy FreeBSD.

Steve Holmlund
Montara, CA