Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 01:07:23 +0100
From:      "robert at castley dot com" <robert@castley.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to check available memory/RAM

Just converting over from Linux to FreeBSD and I was wondering how can I
tell how much RAM I have available/free.

Under Linux there is a command called 'free' which displays something like :

                    total       used       free     shared    buffers
cached
Mem:           249        244          4          0          6        165
-/+ buffers/cache:         72        176
Swap:          258          1        257

This tells me I have 249Mb of RAM total and using 244Mb of it !!!

However I cannot find under FreeBSD an equivalent command.
Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Robert